Powder Ridge SkiingPowder Ridge Skiing

Board Minutes

Called to order by: Alex Chaffetz
Meeting began at: 11:33pm 10/We/2020

There were 8 members that contributed proxy information.

Those present were: Carl and Cathy Zimmer, Lauren and William Brown, Erica Ridgely, Deanne Hemann, Lizette Etcheverry, Don and Diana Brekke, Paul and Patricia Briarly, Robert and Shay Boe, Margaret (Peg) Wood, Tom Lee

The treasurers report is as follows:

  • Treasurer: Margaret (Peg) Wood
  • Date of Report: 10/14/2020
  • Place
  • Post Office Box
  • Trash Removal
  • Real Estate Tax
  • Insurance
  • Sec'y of State Registry
  • Total Balance: $42,911.89
  • Notes: Total does not include money that will be collected from HOA dues bill that was recently sent.
  • Budget was approved as shown.

Old Business:
See included treasurers report.

New Business:
Trash removal needs to be negotiated for the coming year. Cathy Zimmer offered to contact Sheila Dole from Grand Mesa Metro District to coordinate this service.
New officers for the association that were voted on and approved are the following people: Randy Roman [President], Deanne Hemann [Vice-President], Margaret (Peg) Wood [Sec'y/Treasurer]
Design Review Committee: Tom Lee [Chairman], Brian Potts, Gene Etcheverry, Peg Wood, Alex Chaffetz, Phil Hemann, Carl Zimmer

Meeting ended at: 12:10am 10/Th/2020
Called to order by: President Randy Roman
Meeting began at: 12:25am 04/Fr/2022

There were members that contributed proxy information.

Those present were: Dr. Randy Roman, Margaret (Peg) Wood

The treasurers report is as follows:

  • Treasurer: Peg Wood
  • Date of Report: 03/31/2022
  • Place
  • P.O. Box Fee & Postage
  • Trash Removal
  • Web Page Expenses
  • Insurance
  • CO Secretary of State Annual Fee
  • Property Tax
  • Total Balance: $51,242.10
  • Notes: 2021 income: $6,015.00. Balance for 2022 includes dues from this year totaling $1,800.
  • Budget was approved as shown.

Old Business:
No old business was addressed

New Business:
After determining there was a quorum with those present and with proxy votes the first order of business was electing officers to serve the coming year. After some discussion it was decided that the current officers would remain in office for another year. Those officers are:
President-Randy Roman
Vice-President-Deanne Hemann
Secretary/Treasurer-Peg Wood
We next discussed design review committee membership. Brian Potts has sold his home so will no longer be on this committee. Tom Lee and Peg Wood no longer desire to serve. Gene Etcheverry, Phil Hemann and Carl Zimmer agreed to continue to serve. Walter Popp also offered to serve. We all agreed to these four people serving on this committee in the coming year.
We announced that a webpage has been created for the subdivision. The web address is: powderridgegrandmesa.com. We discussed creating a homeowner’s directory (accessible by a password) on the website. Also on the site you can find our board members with contact information, board minutes, design review committee members, CC&R’s, and an area for frequently asked questions. We will be doing some updating of information since some information has changed since the page was created.
We took comment on the trash receptacle situation and location. It was determined that the current location is the best place to serve the subdivision. The design review committee is going to look into beautifying that area with a potential concrete pad and/or enclosure. Walter Popp volunteered to design something that would hopefully work with trash removal not being hindered.
We talked about our subdivision sign area with the potential to beautify that area. We hope to get some solar lights and have a general cleaning up of that area in the near future.
The thistle problem was discussed. We will look into getting the thistles sprayed this summer. Nan Prins offered to contact her daughter who has information regarding this issue.
Some members talked about having issues with having their road not being plowed by the county—especially in the Spring Court area. The county road department should be contacted for this, but it was determined that either Tom Bieser or Will Hardin are available to call to take care of this if the county does not come.
We also discussed taking care of water issues in the common area called the “wetlands”. Dr. Roman will look into finding someone to work on getting the water moving in that area so that it does not cause problems. We also talked about making more spaces to enjoy the subdivision by creating biking and hiking trails.
There have been some complaints from people regarding short-term rental homes. We plan to post the county noise ordinance on our website and contact homeowners when problems arise.
We discussed having an annual barbeque sometime in the summer. Would anyone like to host this?

Meeting ended at: 1:25am 04/Fr/2022